Blood and Fluid Warming Devices
Safety and reliability when thawing out and warming of blood and blood products
The Barkey plasmatherm is a device for thawing out and warming of all bagged conserves of fresh frozen plasma (FFP), blood and erythrocyte concentrates (EC), cryopreserved preparations, cryopre- served stem cells (HPC) or infusion solutions.
The Barkey plasmatherm’s strengths
- Safe and simple operation even with unpractised personnel
- Provable and documentable thawing out and warming process
- Universal application for plasma, blood, thawing-out of stem cells, continuous operation and user-specific settings (possible without add-on modules)
- Visible and noticeable hygiene due to smooth and enclosed surfaces in addition to rounded corners and edges
- Highest product quality = safe investment
- Leak checks = contamination and infection protection for personnel & patient
- Direct selection for example of blood or plasma
- Menu-controlled user guidance
- Large display with plain text display
- Fully plastic construction = corrosion- resistant!
- Cost-saving and environmentally aware operation
Further benefits at a glance
- Language selection set at works on order
Optionally available accessories
- Data exchange interface
- Documentation Software & barcode reader
- Log printer
- The plasmatherm can be extended with a mobile heated stand cabinet in connection with and additionally available Barkey Warming Center 2
The safety concept
- Full-surface dry temperature regulation & temperature control of conserves including edge zones, profile welding & hose joints
- Optical & acoustic permanent signal after heating duration is complete
- Retention of biological quality ranting of transfusion material due to heating time limitations
- Visual check of conserves during temperature control
- Multiply independent temperature fuses
- Transfusion-compatiable warming of blood supplies without movement
The hygiene concept
- Clear & unambiguous visualisation of dirt & blood residue through light surfaces on device
- No germ discharge from device into the atmosphere due to circulated air
- Easy wipe disinfection due to smooth surfaces & rounded corners
Visible hygiene, simple cleaning
The Barkey plasmatherum guarantees corrosion-free operation due to its unique fully plastic construction
The bright, smooth surface rounded internal edges make hygiene processes easier.
A unique feature is the integrated leak control with moisture sensors which signal leakage in the conserves by switching the device off, which prevents further transport to the patient in accordance with transfusion regulations.
The white absorbent dry paper makes blood residues from. hose connections easily visible and protects the device operator from possible contanimation.
Blood & Blood products remain visible during warming and cannot be forgotten thanks to the transparent cover panels and lear heating cushions.
The Barkey S-Line | Smart – Simple – Safe
Advanced technology: One-touch-control
- The Barkey s-line warms blood products and infusions up to the patient.
- The electrically heated and single-sided opening heating device is capable of accepting standard IV-sets
- The Barkey s-line is simple to operate in all medical departments
- It is extremely easy to clean due to its smooth surface
- Its large and flexible application areas at low to medium flow rates result in an optimum alternative to cost-intensive blood heaters with single-use articles.
Avoidance of hypothermia
Warmth is the key to your patients’ well- being! With Barkey’s inexpensive s-line devices you can apply warmth which eases treatment for all patients and accelerates the healing process. The result: care personnel has less work and treatment costs are reduced.
Made-to-order technology for Medicine
- Summary of further benefits
- Guarantee best warming and highest safety
- Complete casing of IV-Sets & therefore optimum warming
- No additional consumer articles
- Warming of blood return feeds or dialysis fluids in combination with devices for replacement kidney therapy
- Warming on enteral and/or parenteral nutrition
- Operational safety thanks to preset target temperature value
- Display of actual temperature of the heating sleeve
- Available in ra range of diameter
- Smooth surface, therefore simple to wash and disinfect
- Use of exclusively bio-compatible materials
- Optical and acoustic alarm signal in fault situation
Exclusive innovative technological solutions at the highest quality standards and specialised benefits in practice - this is the basis for the success of the holistic Barkey heating concept. Barkey has earned its excellent reputation with exclusive engineering know-how in medical technology over the last 25 years.
The proverbial quality and practical suitability of the devices and systems “made in Germany” has established itself in a wide range of applications.
Real innovations and problem solutions which provide the user with specific benefits can only be developed by people who keep their ears and eyes open, who talk to specialists in practice and recognise their requirements in good time.
*Prices are not listed - Please call 1300 886 186 for quote