The Barkey plasmatherm is a device for thawing out and warming of all bagged conserves of fresh frozen plasma (FFP), blood and erythrocyte concentrates (EC), cryopreserved preparations, cryopre- served stem cells (HPC) or infusion solutions.
The Barkey plasmatherm’s strengths
- Safe and simple operation even with unpractised personnel
- Provable and documentable thawing out and warming process
- Universal application for plasma, blood, thawing-out of stem cells, continuous operation and user-specific settings (possible without add-on modules)
- Visible and noticeable hygiene due to smooth and enclosed surfaces in addition to rounded corners and edges
- Highest product quality = safe investment
- Leak checks = contamination and infection protection for personnel & patient
- Direct selection for example of blood or plasma
- Menu-controlled user guidance
- Large display with plain text display
- Fully plastic construction = corrosion- resistant!
- Cost-saving and environmentally aware operation
Further benefits at a glance
- Language selection set at works on order
Optionally available accessories
- Data exchange interface
- Documentation Software & barcode reader
- Log printer
- The plasmatherm can be extended with a mobile heated stand cabinet in connection with and additionally available Barkey Warming Center 2
The safety concept
- Full-surface dry temperature regulation & temperature control of conserves including edge zones, profile welding & hose joints
- Optical & acoustic permanent signal after heating duration is complete
- Retention of biological quality ranting of transfusion material due to heating time limitations
- Visual check of conserves during temperature control
- Multiply independent temperature fuses
- Transfusion-compatiable warming of blood supplies without movement
The hygiene concept
- Clear & unambiguous visualisation of dirt & blood residue through light surfaces on device
- No germ discharge from device into the atmosphere due to circulated air
- Easy wipe disinfection due to smooth surfaces & rounded corners
Visible hygiene, simple cleaning
The Barkey plasmatherum guarantees corrosion-free operation due to its unique fully plastic construction
The bright, smooth surface rounded internal edges make hygiene processes easier.
A unique feature is the integrated leak control with moisture sensors which signal leakage in the conserves by switching the device off, which prevents further transport to the patient in accordance with transfusion regulations.
The white absorbent dry paper makes blood residues from. hose connections easily visible and protects the device operator from possible contanimation.
Blood & Blood products remain visible during warming and cannot be forgotten thanks to the transparent cover panels and lear heating cushions.